- In order to use the Circulation Department, you must sign up to the Library (fill in the declaration) and receive a library card.
- You are registered based on:
– the service card for employees of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – the student ID.
- After the student ID expires, the reader is obliged to update the borrowing entitlements;
- The Circulation Desk must be immediately notified about the loss of the library card. If the loss of the library card is not reported, its owner bears all the consequences of the card being used by another person;
- Any change of surname or permanent address must be immediately reported to the Circulation Desk.
- The number of library items which can be borrowed is:
– for employees of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – 30 volumes,
– for students of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – 10 volumes,
- Loan periods for library materials:
– for employees of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – 61 days,
– for students of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – 31 days.
- Users with overdue books lose the right to reserve and borrow other volumes until they return them and pay a fine for overdue books.
- The Circulation Desk may extend the loan period of a given volume if:
a. the borrower applies for the extension before the agreed return date (the maximum extension period is:
– employees of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – 168 days,
– students of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska – 29 days,
b. there is no demand for this book from other users.
- Pursuant to the Act of 27 June 1997 on Libraries, the library has a right to take a fee for its services and for non-compliance with the regulations of the library. The fee is determined in the Ordinance of the University Rector and published in “The price list of fees for library services and non-compliance with the Regulations of sharing and using the collection and services of the Library of Pope John Paul II State School of Higher Education in Biała Podlaska”.
- After graduation, the user is obliged to obtain the confirmation of the return of library materials. The document which confirms the settlement is the circulation card. The lack of confirmation suspends the granting of the diploma.
Rules of ordering and reserving books
The order / reservation is made by the user who has an active library account;
- Books must be ordered / reserved in Online Public Access Catalog in the Integrated Library System SOWA. In the catalogue only those books can be reserved which are for borrowing, with the status ‘can be borrowed’.
Reserved books may be collected after an hour from the reservation;
- Books may be ordered / reserved online from every computer with Internet access;
3. The user may order a book borrowed by another reader;
4. When reserving or ordering a book, only one copy of a given book can be ordered;
5. The reserved copy awaits the reader for 3 days, after this period the reservation is annulled;
6. Ordered / reserved books are collected personally in Zone A.
- When collecting ordered / reserved library materials, the users are required to show a valid library card.